Lake Shore Cryotronics have announced a THz technology system that will provide a contactless, fully integrated solution for exploring the electronic, magnetic, and chemical properties of materials such as:
- Antiferromagnetic resonances: important to spin-based computing
- Carrier scattering time in semiconductors: important to development of high speed electronics
- Vibrational resonances in molecular solids: important to chemical identification and research in organic electronic and magnetic materials
Due for release in 2013, Lake Shore are refining the instrument’s capabilities in line with the requirements of leading researchers from labs around the world. Click here for more information on this new THz system and details on how you can contribute to its development.
- Increased maximum magnetic field: Up from ±2.25 to ±2.5 T
- Improved vacuum performance: < 5 × 10-7 Torr is now an option for customers whose applications require lower base pressures or less chance of contamination
- Improved magnetic field at high temperatures: ±2 T from 10 to 400 K and up to ±1 T from 400 to 500 K. Previously, only ±0.5 T was possible above 400 K and no magnetic field was possible above 450 K at all
Ideal for measuring electrical, electro-optical, parametric, high Z, and Hall effect, as well as DC, RF, and microwave properties of materials and test devices, the CRX-VF is widely used to measure nanoscale electronics, quantum wires and dots, semiconductors, and spintronic devices.
Please contact us for more information about any of these or other Lake Shore products.
Lake Shore’s BPF Series band pass filters are specifically designed for applications where precision and dependability are paramount, especially when used in extreme environments. Over 100 standard models include four common aperture sizes and over 25 center wavelengths (CWLs) spanning from 10 to 590 µm (about 500 GHz to 30 THz), making these filters readily available to researchers who want to avoid custom engineering charges and get on with their work without delay.
- Precision frequency selective surfaces (FSS) for high spectral resolution
- Narrow pass bands with excellent transmission
- Pure gold filter element for best results in thermal cycling and gamma radiation conditions
- Designed for use in cryostats and adjacent to cooled detectors
- Compact and lightweight
- Superior performance with “stacked” configurations
- Temperature stable and radiation tolerant
- Three year warranty