The Elliot Scientific February newsletter is now available. In this issue we welcome Accurion and their Halcyonics range of vibration isolation systems, take a look at Siskiyou’s probe manipulators for the life scientist interested in electrophysiology, survey the temperature measurement and control equipment from Lake Shore Cryotronics, and announce two new handheld instruments from EXFO for analysing optical powers and frequencies in fibre networks.
To view it in a browser, click here.
To read it magazine-style online, click here.
To download it as a PDF, click here.
February 6, 2018 | Categories: Cryogenics & Low Temperature Physics, Detectors & Instrumentation, Fibre & Telecom, Lifescience, Materials Research, Opto-mechanics, positioning | Tags: Accurion, analyser, anti-vibration, cryogenic, electrophysiology, EXFO, fibre optic, Halcyonics, intracellular, isolation, Lake Shore, manipulator, measurement, meter, microscope, microscopy, patch, power, probe, Siskiyou, spectrum, temperature | Leave a comment
EXFO offer a comprehensive range of benchtop and portable test instruments, delivering top performance and pinpoint accuracy for the optical communications laboratory. The range has recently been expanded with the addition of several new instruments:
| OSA High Performance Optical Spectrum Analyser
- Wavelength range of 1250-1700 nm
- Resolution: 20 pm (native) & adjustable over 50-2000 pm
- Sweep speed up to 2000 nm/s
- Accuracy: ±10 pm over 1500-1640 nm & ±25 pm over 1250-1700 nm
- Power level accuracy of ±0.4 dB
- Built-in calibration source
- Intuitive user interface with 12″ touchscreen
- 8 application-oriented analysis modes and a full suite of analysis tools
| XT Series Automatic/Manual Tuneable Filters with Fixed or Adjustable Bandwidth
XTA-50 / XFA
- Adjustable bandwidth flat-top filter
- Ultra-sharp filter edges
- High isolation
- 200 nm wavelength range
- High accuracy and repeatability
- Narrowest filter – highest selectivity
- Three models: Standard, Ultrafine & Wide
- Manual (XTM-50) & Fixed Bandwidth (XFA) versions also available
| T100S-HP High Power Tuneable Laser Source
- Power > +10 dBm for Essential & > +8 dBm for Extended Range models
- Dynamic range of 100 dB & tuning range of up to 200 nm
- 6 models cover 1240 to 1680 nm
- Wavelength accuracy < ± 20 pm
- Sweeping & Stepping operations
For more information about these or other EXFO products we offer, please contact us.
November 14, 2017 | Categories: Detectors & Instrumentation, Fibre & Telecom | Tags: analyser, benchtop, EXFO, filter, instrument, laser, measurement, optical, spectrum, test, tuneable | Leave a comment
EXFO has released a new catalogue covering their entire range of products for the fibre-based telecom engineer. Equipment for network engineers and R&D/Manufacturing is covered but, as Elliot Scientific only specialises in the latter, we have made available a special abbreviated version for download from our EXFO product pages.
Examples of the test equipment covered include:
- Light Source
- WDM & Tunable Laser Sources
- Variable Attenuator
- Standard & MEMS Optical Switches
- Utility Module
- Optical Spectrum Analyser
Contact us now for more details.
- Optical Modulation Analyser
- Optical Sampling Oscilloscope
Handheld & Benchtop Systems
- Power Meters
- Variable Attenuators
- Laser & Light Sources
November 26, 2013 | Categories: Fibre & Telecom | Tags: analyser, attenuator, benchtop, catalogue, EXFO, fiber, fibre, handheld, laser, light, manufacturing, MEMS, meters, modulation, optical, oscilloscope, power, R&D, sampling, source, spectrum, switch, Systems, tunable, variable, WDM | Leave a comment