Fibercryst is the only manufacturer of short pulse lasers and amplifiers that utilise the innovative Single Crystal Fibre technology (SCF) – a technology that offers significant performance advantages over existing technologies.
The FEMTO-30 is Fibercryst’s latest and more powerful laser system. This 30 W laser can deliver pulse energies of 160 µJ (@ 100 kHz) in pulse widths of less than 800 fs, with repetition rates selectable between 100 kHz and 1 MHz.
A significant feature of this laser is the ability to easily and quickly change the repetition rate to favour the average power or the energy per pulse. This makes it ideal for:
- Cutting and drilling of hard materials
- Cold machining of polymers and composites
- Micromachining and structuring of surfaces, for example medical devices and semiconductors
For more information about this or other lasers and amplifiers from Fibercryst, please contact us.
The Elliot Scientific September newsletter is now available. In this issue we introduce Fibercryst – the only manufacturer of short pulse lasers and amplifiers utilising the innovative Single Crystal Fibre technology, gain insight with the latest THz accessory for Probe Stations from Lake Shore Cryotronics, invite you to watch Seebeck measurements being conducted using a CryoLab from Kryoz, and inform you about the Elliot Scientific range of optics, waveplates, mirrors and filters.
To view it in a browser, click here.
To read it magazine-style online, click here.
To download it as a PDF, click here.
Elliot Scientific is pleased to introduce Fibercryst, the only manufacturer of short pulse lasers and amplifiers utilising the innovative Single Crystal Fibre technology (SCF).
Originally developed from a series of University research programs, the SCF technology has been refined and commercialised by Fibercryst and patented jointly with the Institut d’Optique, and offers significant performance advantages over existing technologies. The products range from a full featured femtosecond micromachining laser, through a stand alone commercial amplifier, to individual amplifier modules:
- FEMTO is Fibercryst’s powerful industrial femtosecond pulse width laser offering output powers up to 25 W for high throughput, high quality micromachining. Based on Taranis technologies, pulse energies in excess of 80 µJ (@ 100 kHz) in pulse widths of less than 900 fs can be generated along with repetition rates selectable between 100 kHz and 2 MHz.
- Taranis Amplifier Systems are designed for a wide range of seed lasers providing either fibre coupled or free propagation mode inputs. The Taranis amplifier boosts a laser’s high average power, high peak power (up to 30 MW) and high pulse energy to free space.
- Taranis Laser Gain Modules are a unique solution to provide high peak power and high energy amplification using a simple and compact design. By using a single-crystal with a long length and a small diameter, short pulse amplification delivering a high intensity, linearly polarised laser light with superb beam quality and adjustable repetition rate can be achieved.
- Sub-nanosecond mJ laser: Fibercryst also offers an affordable, unique 1064 nm sub-ns laser system delivering more than 3 MW of peak power for use in research and test labs. Designed using MOPA architecture as a standalone unit combining a commercial 500 ps seed laser with the Fibercryst Taranis amplifier, it takes full advantage of the technology to provide a polarised beam, TEM00 output and 2 mJ of pulse energy for applications in LIBS, LIDAR & nonlinear optics; Supercontinuum, OPO, THz generation; and the biosciences.