A fully revised, expanded, and updated Elliot Scientific Optical Tweezer brochure has been published. This new catalogue covers all the Optical Tweezer equipment and systems for laser trapping Elliot Scientific offers. It includes details on:
- Component-based “open architecture” optical tweezers
- Self-contained portable, desktop single beam optical tweezer workstations
- Single spot optical tweezer for integration with commercial microscopes
- Multiple spot optical tweezer under full computer control integrated with commercial microscopes
- Force Measurement accessory for single trap stiffness using a Quadrant Photodetector (QPD)
- Force Measurement accessory for multiple trap stiffness, multiple particle tracking using Camera Particle Tracking (CPT)
The brochure will be available at all of the events Elliot Scientific will be attending in 2012. Alternatively, you can contact us for further information and a printed copy, download the PDF version, or read it online via our Issuu channel.
Camera Particle Tracking (CPT) technology enhances quantitative measurement capabilities in research involving optical trapping and is now available as an option on Elliot Scientific Tweezer systems.
Current systems can only measure the force exerted on one particle, but the CPT technology will enable the collection of data from multiple particles at a higher rate. This will allow for:
- Convenient trap calibration by thermal analysis.
- Improved trap stiffness measurements
- Multiple particle tracking within microfluidic channels
- Orbital angular momentum measurements
- Viscosity measurements at several points simultaneously
In December 2010, following selection by the University of Glasgow, Elliot Scientific is the first company to benefit from the University’s Easy Access IP initiative, a scheme designed to freely transfer some of the University’s technical, scientific and medical intellectual property to research and industry for the benefit of all.
Elliot Scientific will demonstrate their first system incorporating CPT technology at the American Biophysical Society Annual Meeting, Baltimore, in March 2011.
For more information on our other trapping products, visit the Tweezer page, telephone +44(0)1582 766300 or email us.