Next Monday and Tuesday, the 9th and 10th of April, we will be at the University of Manchester for Magnetism 2018, supporting the Lake Shore Cryotronics team. A mix of invited talkers and submitted contributions will be exploring the breadth of magnetism research in the UK and Republic of Ireland. Subjects will include the areas of thin films and nanostructures, spintronics, permanent magnetic materials, correlated electrons, nanoparticles and biological/biomedical applications of magnetism, computational magnetism and more.
Next week, SPIE Optics + Photonics in San Diego will be hosting a conference stream entitled Optical Trapping and Optical Micromanipulation XI that runs from Sunday August 17th until the 21st.
There will be twenty sessions in total, chaired by two of the leading researchers in the field and both champions of Optical Tweezers: Kishan Dholakia of the University of St. Andrews, and Gabriel C. Spalding from the Illinois Wesleyan University. Topics covered will include:
- Toward (Or In) the Quantum Limit of Opto-Mechanics
- Beam Shaping and Aberration/Wavefront Correction
- Helicity and Optical Angular Momentum
- Optically Driven Microrheology and Mechanical Properties
- Using the Photonic Toolbox to Study Cells and Their Organelles
- Enhanced Sensitivity and Resolution of Optical Force Actuators
- Single-Molecule Manipulation and Study
- Photonic Devices for Optically Induced Forces
- Near-Field Micromanipulation, Plasmonic, and Nanoparticle Trapping
- Studies of Active Swimmers/Hydrodynamics
- Statistical Mechanics of Small Systems
- Optical Manipulation of Matter through Gaseous Media
- Optical Sorting, Optical Lab-on-a-Chip, and Microfluidics
- Optically Bound Matter
- Optofluidics and Optically Shaped Structures
- Optically Manipulated Robotics and Novel Samples
Although Elliot Scientific will not be exhibiting at this event, we would still like to wish all conference attendees a good week.