Fibercryst is the only manufacturer of short pulse lasers and amplifiers that utilise the innovative Single Crystal Fibre technology (SCF) – a technology that offers significant performance advantages over existing technologies.
The FEMTO-30 is Fibercryst’s latest and more powerful laser system. This 30 W laser can deliver pulse energies of 160 µJ (@ 100 kHz) in pulse widths of less than 800 fs, with repetition rates selectable between 100 kHz and 1 MHz.
A significant feature of this laser is the ability to easily and quickly change the repetition rate to favour the average power or the energy per pulse. This makes it ideal for:
- Cutting and drilling of hard materials
- Cold machining of polymers and composites
- Micromachining and structuring of surfaces, for example medical devices and semiconductors
For more information about this or other lasers and amplifiers from Fibercryst, please contact us.
Fibercryst’s ultra-fast lasers and amplifiers utilise their revolutionary Taranis Single Crystal Fibre (SCF) modules to enable higher energy per pulse, higher average power, and easy to use flexibility between energy and repetition rate, and better beam qualities from small footprint devices.
In this month’s Laser Focus World magazine, an in-depth article about Fibercryst’s innovative Single Crystal Fiber amplification technology has been published. You can read Single crystal fibers amplify power in ultrashort-pulse lasers here.
Taranis technology is the heart of the Fibercyst FEMTO, a powerful industrial femtosecond pulse width laser for high quality micromachining, offering output powers up to 25 W for high throughput.
Typical applications include: cutting and drilling of hard materials, cold machining polymers or composites, and micromachining / structuring of surfaces, especially glass, ceramics and sapphire. A key feature of this laser is the ability to easily and quickly change the repetition rate to favour the average power or the energy per pulse.
The Taranis Amplifier System is a stand-alone add-on unit that allows a developer to increase the power and energy output of an existing laser installation.
The amplifier design also incorporates Fibercryst’s unique Taranis technology – a single crystal fibre amplifier ideal for short pulse amplification that delivers a high intensity, linearly polarised laser beam with superb quality and adjustable repetition rate.
The amplifier accepts a wide range of fibre-coupled or free propagation mode seed lasers, boosting them to a higher average power, higher peak power (up to 30 MW) and higher pulse energy. Output is to free space.
Elliot Scientific is pleased to introduce Fibercryst, the only manufacturer of short pulse lasers and amplifiers utilising the innovative Single Crystal Fibre technology (SCF).
Originally developed from a series of University research programs, the SCF technology has been refined and commercialised by Fibercryst and patented jointly with the Institut d’Optique, and offers significant performance advantages over existing technologies. The products range from a full featured femtosecond micromachining laser, through a stand alone commercial amplifier, to individual amplifier modules:
- FEMTO is Fibercryst’s powerful industrial femtosecond pulse width laser offering output powers up to 25 W for high throughput, high quality micromachining. Based on Taranis technologies, pulse energies in excess of 80 µJ (@ 100 kHz) in pulse widths of less than 900 fs can be generated along with repetition rates selectable between 100 kHz and 2 MHz.
- Taranis Amplifier Systems are designed for a wide range of seed lasers providing either fibre coupled or free propagation mode inputs. The Taranis amplifier boosts a laser’s high average power, high peak power (up to 30 MW) and high pulse energy to free space.
- Taranis Laser Gain Modules are a unique solution to provide high peak power and high energy amplification using a simple and compact design. By using a single-crystal with a long length and a small diameter, short pulse amplification delivering a high intensity, linearly polarised laser light with superb beam quality and adjustable repetition rate can be achieved.
- Sub-nanosecond mJ laser: Fibercryst also offers an affordable, unique 1064 nm sub-ns laser system delivering more than 3 MW of peak power for use in research and test labs. Designed using MOPA architecture as a standalone unit combining a commercial 500 ps seed laser with the Fibercryst Taranis amplifier, it takes full advantage of the technology to provide a polarised beam, TEM00 output and 2 mJ of pulse energy for applications in LIBS, LIDAR & nonlinear optics; Supercontinuum, OPO, THz generation; and the biosciences.
The Elliot Scientific December newsletter is now available as a PDF. In this issue we highlight the new KLASTECH DPSS Lasers, Sperian’s Laser Protection eyewear, Oxford Lasers’ Alpha Micromachining System, the forthcoming Photonics West 2012 conference and exhibition, plus Season’s Greetings and more…
To read it online magazine-style click here.
To download it in your browser as a PDF, click here.