New THz-frequency contact probing for cryogenic applications from Lake Shore
Lake Shore have released details of their new THz-frequency contact probes. Compatible with Lake Shore’s CPX, CPX-VF, CRX-4K, and CRX-VF cryogenic probe station systems, the THz arm offers:
- Precise on-wafer contact THz probing of millimetre wave devices
- New measurement possibilities for next-generation electronics
- THz probes can be combined with standard DC/RF/microwave probe arms
- Features a low-loss THz waveguide
- Supports vector network analysers (VNAs) with suitable frequency extenders
- Enables calibrated S-parameter and other hf electrical measurements at cryogenic temperatures and in magnetic fields
Signal deterioration at frequencies above 75 GHz has limited high-frequency contact measurement of electronic devices at room temperature, let alone cryogenic ones. Now Lake Shore’s breakthrough technology of a specially developed low-loss THz-frequency waveguide delivers excellent signal integrity over longer distances, at lower temperatures, and with superior arm mobility. All without interefering with the other probes in the system.
Download he THz probe arm flyer here or contact us for more details.
CryoLab: An elegant new solution for material characterisation measurements at low temperature
Introducing the CryoLab series from Kryoz Technologies – a fully integrated range of desktop cryocooler systems designed for rapid circuit or material characterisation measurements from ambient down to cryogenic temperatures in a fully automated manner. Doing measurements doesn’t require any experience or know-how on cryogenics, vacuum technology or thermodynamics from the user. CryoLab can be operated as a stand-alone or via the companion CryoVision software. All parameters can be seen at a glance, and switching between user-defined set-points and saved programs can be made. A smartphone app is also available.
Features & Applications
- Plug-and-play cooling platform
- Fast, controlled temperature cycling
- One system – various applications:
- High Temperature Superconductors (HTS)
- Thin Films
- Thermoelectrics – The Seebeck Effect
- Resistance & Hall coefficient measurements by the van der Pauw Method
- Optical sensors
- No cryogenic fluids involved
- Turbopump option
For more information on these exciting new products from Kryoz Technologies, please contact us.
Lake Shore to launch THz Materials Characterisation System and upgrade the CRX-VF Probe Station
Lake Shore Cryotronics have announced a THz technology system that will provide a contactless, fully integrated solution for exploring the electronic, magnetic, and chemical properties of materials such as:
- Antiferromagnetic resonances: important to spin-based computing
- Carrier scattering time in semiconductors: important to development of high speed electronics
- Vibrational resonances in molecular solids: important to chemical identification and research in organic electronic and magnetic materials
Due for release in 2013, Lake Shore are refining the instrument’s capabilities in line with the requirements of leading researchers from labs around the world. Click here for more information on this new THz system and details on how you can contribute to its development.
CRX-VF Cryogenic Probe Station gets an upgrade
Lake Shore’s Model CRX-VF cryogenic probe station now features:
- Increased maximum magnetic field: Up from ±2.25 to ±2.5 T
- Improved vacuum performance: < 5 × 10-7 Torr is now an option for customers whose applications require lower base pressures or less chance of contamination
- Improved magnetic field at high temperatures: ±2 T from 10 to 400 K and up to ±1 T from 400 to 500 K. Previously, only ±0.5 T was possible above 400 K and no magnetic field was possible above 450 K at all
Ideal for measuring electrical, electro-optical, parametric, high Z, and Hall effect, as well as DC, RF, and microwave properties of materials and test devices, the CRX-VF is widely used to measure nanoscale electronics, quantum wires and dots, semiconductors, and spintronic devices.
Please contact us for more information about any of these or other Lake Shore products.
BPF Series THz and IR Band Pass Filters from Lake Shore
Lake Shore’s BPF Series band pass filters are specifically designed for applications where precision and dependability are paramount, especially when used in extreme environments. Over 100 standard models include four common aperture sizes and over 25 center wavelengths (CWLs) spanning from 10 to 590 µm (about 500 GHz to 30 THz), making these filters readily available to researchers who want to avoid custom engineering charges and get on with their work without delay.
- Precision frequency selective surfaces (FSS) for high spectral resolution
- Narrow pass bands with excellent transmission
- Pure gold filter element for best results in thermal cycling and gamma radiation conditions
- Designed for use in cryostats and adjacent to cooled detectors
- Compact and lightweight
- Superior performance with “stacked” configurations
- Temperature stable and radiation tolerant
- Three year warranty
Download the brochure or contact us for price and availability.