We’ve just installed a WITec apyron Raman imaging system in our demonstration lab here in Harpenden. The apyron was developed by WITec to straddle the boundary between ease-of-use and the ultimate in conformal capability. As such, it is ideal for:
- Labs with multiple users of varied skill levels and requirements
- Raman newcomers requiring advanced imaging
- Accomplished Raman spectroscopists seeking superior performance
- Industrial labs doing repeat experiments within limited time periods
apyron sets the benchmark for automated Raman imaging systems; delivering excellent images with outstanding spectral and spatial resolution. The ultra-fast acquisition times and exceptional signal sensitivity, combined with automated system configurations and intuitive measurement procedures, make the award-winning apyron the instrument of choice for many labs.
Now you can have the chance to experience the system first-hand. We will be running Raman imaging workshops in the near future, so watch this space.
Photonics Ireland is a biennial conference that this year is being held from tomorrow (13th September) at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Galway.
Elliot Scientific is exhibiting at this premier event for Photonics research in Ireland, and we will be demonstrating a broad range of products; both our own and from companies we represent – some exclusively – in the British Isles.
High profile national and international speakers will showcase some of their latest research and achievements in Photonics. Topics will include:
- Biophotonics and Optical Sensing
- Laser-Materials and Laser-Plasma Interactions
- Nanophotonics and Plasmonics
- Optical Communications and Networks
- Photonic Integration and Packaging
- Photonic Devices and Photonic Materials
- Quantum Optics and Technologies
Elliot Scientific distribute a comprehensive range of high powered LED light delivery products for microscopy, spectroscopy, optogenetics, and other scientific research and industrial applications. Manufactured by Prizmatix, a scientist-led company that specialises in the design and manufacturing of ultra high-power LEDs, a range of power levels and wavelengths across the spectrum are available for applications that include…
- For microscopy and imaging: the powerful UHP-T LED series
- For optogenetics: single and dual wavelength systems for in-vivo and in-vitro research
- For custom setups:
- offering modularity and versatility
- fibre-coupled units with up to 11 different LEDs
- Detection & excitation
- Intensity monitoring
- In-line filtering, attenuation or polarisation
- Reflectance or fluorescence detection for in situ, in-vivo, or in-vitro applications
Prizmatix have extensively developed various photonics products for use in neuro and bioscience research such as optogenetics, as well as traditional chemistry, biology and physics. For example, fluorescence and Raman spectroscopy, microscopy, and absorption measurement are typical applications here. Elliot Scientific are always happy to advise, so contact us today for further information.
The Mad City Labs‘ Nano-ZL Series are long range, Z-axis nanopositioners specifically designed to hold multiwell plates used in biomedical research. High-throughput single cell fluorescence microscopy and high speed, high resolution confocal imaging can be accomplished while simultaneously adjusting the Z-axis position to remove the effects of multiwell plate irregularities.
The Nano-ZL Series has true flexure guided motion and contains internal position sensing for a resolution of better than 1 nm over the full 500 µm travel range, and sub-nanometer for the shorter 100 µm travel range. In addition to high resolution spatial imaging, the Nano-ZL step response allows entire Z-section acquisitions with minimal photo bleaching. For more information, please contact us.
Quantum UK 2015 will be the first in a series of annual meetings of the UK Quantum Technology Hub Network that was established by the UK government to accelerate the transition of quantum technologies from research to industry.
Elliot Scientific will be attending this meeting, that takes place at St John’s College, Oxford, from the 28th to the 30th of September. We will be exhibiting a wide variety of our systems, solutions, technologies, and products – both home-grown and from the companies we represent based in the USA, Asia and Europe.
The four Quantum Technology Hubs led by the universities of Oxford, York, Glasgow and Birmingham. They are focussed on:
- Quantum computing
- Quantum secure communications
- Quantum-enhanced imaging
- Quantum-enabled sensing
The conference will discuss the progress, strategy and technical challenges for all these sectors, and will bring together industry, academics, and government with the aim of stimulating new projects and standardising more mature technologies. Contact us for more information.
The INTEGRAL™ core™ OCT from FEMTOLASERS, offers Ti:Sapphire technology in a revolutionary compact and robust package. Its state-of-the-art output parameters, combined with hands-off turn-key performance and low cost of ownership, make it the best choice for everyday use in medical, scientific and industrial applications. The high speed, high resolution tomography capabilities of the INTEGRAL™ core™ OCT are especially welcomed by researchers.
Nufern’s new 1060-OCT select cutoff single-mode fibre is optimised for next generation OCT medical imaging methods that operate at 1060 nm. The exceptional uniformity, tight dispersion, and core/clad concentricity control provided by this fibre is ideally suited for couplers used in OCT. Traditional applications benefit as well since the 1060-OCT fibre’s extra high performance specifications provide increased reliability, and improved production yields reduce costs.
For technical specifications of both of these products, please contact us.
Elliot Scientific has expanded its coverage of Mad City Labs equipment available through the company by adding a dedicated webpage for the Nano-F series of focusing elements. The new page details Mad City Labs’ offerings for microscopists involved in 4Pi microscopy, STORM, PALM, confocal and fluorescence imaging, super resolution (SR) microscopy, high speed Z stack imaging and other applications requiring high speed focus adjustment:
- Nano-F Series – Objective lens focusing elements with 100 µm or 200 µm of travel
- Nano-F25HS – A high speed nanopositioner focusing element with 25 µm travel
- Nano-F3D – An objective lens nanopositioner with 3-axis (XYZ) motion up to 100 µm per axis
- Nano-F450 – The longest travel range piezo focusing element available for research microscopy with 450 µm travel
These elements can be used as stand-alone systems, or in conjunction with other Mad City Labs nanopositioning stages, and feature quick mount threaded adapters for RMS and metric lens threads.
In addition, we have also added the following nanopositioning stages to existing pages within the dedicated Mad City Labs section of their website:
- Nano-MTA Series – A range of mirror tip/tilt actuators for rapid scanning of laser beams with sub-microradian resolution
- Nano-OPH Series – A large central aperture nanopositioning stage with ranges of motion from 30 up to 100 µm
- Nano-SPM200 – A compact nanopositioning system with 200 µm travel
Lake Shore’s BPF Series band pass filters are specifically designed for applications where precision and dependability are paramount, especially when used in extreme environments. Over 100 standard models include four common aperture sizes and over 25 center wavelengths (CWLs) spanning from 10 to 590 µm (about 500 GHz to 30 THz), making these filters readily available to researchers who want to avoid custom engineering charges and get on with their work without delay.
- Precision frequency selective surfaces (FSS) for high spectral resolution
- Narrow pass bands with excellent transmission
- Pure gold filter element for best results in thermal cycling and gamma radiation conditions
- Designed for use in cryostats and adjacent to cooled detectors
- Compact and lightweight
- Superior performance with “stacked” configurations
- Temperature stable and radiation tolerant
- Three year warranty
Elliot Scientific is now offering two recently introduced systems from leading nanopositioning experts Mad City Labs.
Nano-Cyte™LC is an image based, platform independent stabilisation system that changes the nature of live cell imaging. Suddenly, temperature gradients, sample and microscope drift are things of the past as the Nano-Cyte™LC system delivers unprecedented stability in the nanometer regime allowing long term imaging experiments like none before. [Video] [Brochure]
MadPLL® is a powerful instrument package that allows a user to create an inexpensive, high resolution resonant scanning probe microscope from Mad City Labs nanopositioning systems. In short, MadPLL® can be used to create an ‘instant’ closed loop AFM or NSOM at a fraction of the cost of commercial systems. MadPLL® is suitable for nanoscale characterisation and nanoscale fabrication applications such as optical antennas, nano-optics, semiconductors, data storage, and more. [Video] [Brochure]
For more information on these and other Mad City Labs’ products, please contact us.