Introducing Single Crystal Fibre Laser Systems – New products from Fibercryst
Elliot Scientific is pleased to introduce Fibercryst, the only manufacturer of short pulse lasers and amplifiers utilising the innovative Single Crystal Fibre technology (SCF).
Originally developed from a series of University research programs, the SCF technology has been refined and commercialised by Fibercryst and patented jointly with the Institut d’Optique, and offers significant performance advantages over existing technologies. The products range from a full featured femtosecond micromachining laser, through a stand alone commercial amplifier, to individual amplifier modules:
- FEMTO is Fibercryst’s powerful industrial femtosecond pulse width laser offering output powers up to 25 W for high throughput, high quality micromachining. Based on Taranis technologies, pulse energies in excess of 80 µJ (@ 100 kHz) in pulse widths of less than 900 fs can be generated along with repetition rates selectable between 100 kHz and 2 MHz.
- Taranis Amplifier Systems are designed for a wide range of seed lasers providing either fibre coupled or free propagation mode inputs. The Taranis amplifier boosts a laser’s high average power, high peak power (up to 30 MW) and high pulse energy to free space.
- Taranis Laser Gain Modules are a unique solution to provide high peak power and high energy amplification using a simple and compact design. By using a single-crystal with a long length and a small diameter, short pulse amplification delivering a high intensity, linearly polarised laser light with superb beam quality and adjustable repetition rate can be achieved.
- Sub-nanosecond mJ laser: Fibercryst also offers an affordable, unique 1064 nm sub-ns laser system delivering more than 3 MW of peak power for use in research and test labs. Designed using MOPA architecture as a standalone unit combining a commercial 500 ps seed laser with the Fibercryst Taranis amplifier, it takes full advantage of the technology to provide a polarised beam, TEM00 output and 2 mJ of pulse energy for applications in LIBS, LIDAR & nonlinear optics; Supercontinuum, OPO, THz generation; and the biosciences.
For more information about these new innovative products, please contact us, or visit the Fibercryst pages on our website.
FEMTOLASERS introduce new Systems and Accessories at Photonics West
Photonics West is often a launchpad for new products, and this year the exhibition did not disappoint. A whole raft of equipment was announced by FEMTOLASERS Produktions − click on the product name below to download a related datasheet:
- INTEGRAL™ core™ – The most compact Ti:Sapphire ultrafast laser in the world
- INTEGRAL™ element™ – A hands-free ultrafast everyday laser
- MOSAIC™ OS – an octave spanning GDD Module
- XS™ – a new Short Pulse Module add-on for the FEMTOSOURCE™ XL™
For more information about these and other products from FEMTOLASERS, please contact us.