New THz-frequency contact probing for cryogenic applications from Lake Shore
Lake Shore have released details of their new THz-frequency contact probes. Compatible with Lake Shore’s CPX, CPX-VF, CRX-4K, and CRX-VF cryogenic probe station systems, the THz arm offers:
- Precise on-wafer contact THz probing of millimetre wave devices
- New measurement possibilities for next-generation electronics
- THz probes can be combined with standard DC/RF/microwave probe arms
- Features a low-loss THz waveguide
- Supports vector network analysers (VNAs) with suitable frequency extenders
- Enables calibrated S-parameter and other hf electrical measurements at cryogenic temperatures and in magnetic fields
Signal deterioration at frequencies above 75 GHz has limited high-frequency contact measurement of electronic devices at room temperature, let alone cryogenic ones. Now Lake Shore’s breakthrough technology of a specially developed low-loss THz-frequency waveguide delivers excellent signal integrity over longer distances, at lower temperatures, and with superior arm mobility. All without interefering with the other probes in the system.
Download he THz probe arm flyer here or contact us for more details.
Leave a Reply