New THz-frequency contact probing for cryogenic applications from Lake Shore
- Precise on-wafer contact THz probing of millimetre wave devices
- New measurement possibilities for next-generation electronics
- THz probes can be combined with standard DC/RF/microwave probe arms
- Features a low-loss THz waveguide
- Supports vector network analysers (VNAs) with suitable frequency extenders
- Enables calibrated S-parameter and other hf electrical measurements at cryogenic temperatures and in magnetic fields
Signal deterioration at frequencies above 75 GHz has limited high-frequency contact measurement of electronic devices at room temperature, let alone cryogenic ones. Now Lake Shore’s breakthrough technology of a specially developed low-loss THz-frequency waveguide delivers excellent signal integrity over longer distances, at lower temperatures, and with superior arm mobility. All without interefering with the other probes in the system.